View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 05:54 PM
pab58

Originally Posted by DebraK
not yet, and someone will have to tell me if it ever happens. So subjective, objective...you know what I mean ;-)
I do understand what you mean, but I think that when we see a true masterpiece, we know it. It's like looking at a forest of trees. All of the trees are beautiful in their own way, but there is always one tree that is the most beautiful and most perfect of them all. It is majestic and begs to be looked at and admired so you can take in every part of it. You look at it and cannot find the words to describe just how beautiful it is. You cannot seem to take your eyes away from it. It's the same with a piece of music. We listen to a lot of music, but one will come along, and we know that it has been composed by a master's hands. It touches us in a way that no other music can, and we feel it in our very souls.

I personally think of a masterpiece as being the quilt that when you are working on it and finally have it finished, there is something magical about it. It's a quilt that stands far above all others. It's a quilt that while you're working on it, you feel in every fiber of your being that you are accomplishing something far above and beyond any quilt you have ever made or will ever make again. You know it's a masterpiece when you see it. For me, I guess it would be an appliqued quilt with lovely birds hovering about hundreds of beautiful delicate flowers, and it would have vines with flowers gracefully flowing along in the borders. I so want to get started on it! :wink: I can almost feel it, and I haven't even designed it on paper (or on the computer) yet!!! It is in my mind and is as vivid to me as a photograph. Ahhhhhhh......someday.....someday.....my masterpiece will begin, and it will be the most beautiful quilt I will have ever made. :oops: