View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 06:44 PM
seasaw2mch

Originally Posted by smitty
what pattern is the yellow/blue ? that is an eye-popper. could use color so many ways with it. great quilts & you know better than to do that many that fast again---don't you ??
you are so right!
It's a long story but the original idea was to make a lap quilt (48x 60) for Pat (Steve's sister) as she's been sick & in the hospital for several months. It was suppose to be like a home coming surprise for her. I asked Steve what her favorite colors were. He said Purple & Yellow. So I cut that one out and was partly sewed and he emailed me back & said he screwed up that was his wife's colors (Pam) So now the new colors were to be Purple & Blue. So I told him he might as well give me his favorite color to and that was Red. Well that's how this got started and this was the best I could do before October 20th. I am not to thrilled how the Purple & Yellow turned out because I clipped so many points but after redoing it a second time (tossing the first one) I gave up and just let them be what they are. I ended up tying all 3 because I have not learned to free hand or free motion yet. Some day when I have time to learn how to do them that way I would love to take another shot at the purple & yellow one cause I really like those blocks.