View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 06:24 AM
JAGSD

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
That is very nice...so you don't really have a pattern for that? I like your fabrics, too!
Nope, there is no pattern. She had us cut strips of fabric 1 1/2 inches wide of our different fabrics and stitch 4 strips of them together. Then we took our 30* angle and cut pieces from the strips. Then after they were cut we just started playing around with them until we found a design we liked.
Hers was a fan shape. Then sewed them together. It took me about three weeks to decide on my design( I had kept trying the fans and no matter how I did them I did not care for how it looked) I had thrown it all in a pile and in fact was going to get rid of it when one last time I took it out sat on the floor and wondered how making just single star table toppers would look.(I could give them as Christmas gifts) Well, then one thing led to another and I happened to scooch them together and kind of liked how they were looking then... walaa..... .
When I quilted it I decided I wanted the stars to poof out, so on the background pieces I did a Micro meander over them to knock them down, which made the stars stand out more. It probably could of used a border but decided the fabrics I had for it were busy enough so just added the brown plain binding.
These fabrics were actually from our Walmart part of their monthly grouping.
I think a person could make a thousand and they would never turn out the same.