View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 10:45 AM
kyoko

Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
It's just awful that money is so tight right now, for everyone. Perhaps you could call around in the mid morning on a week day to everyone listed in your phone book that says they work on Singers, and explain the problem, and see if they can't give you a low ball price. The $20 purplemem is very reasonable. But I would think a tune up would be the best bet.

I figured you would have done all the little checks already. Since the machine belonging to your Grandmother before you, it's uncertain how long it's been since everything was oiled and checked.

Oh here's in idea. How many LQS (local quilt shops) do you have in your area? Some places have sewing machines that they use for classes ect. and when there is no class in session they will allow you the use of their machines for free. That way you could take your things and get it done there. My local quilt store doesn't sell machines and doesn't do that, but I've heard stories of other's that do.

My neighbor has told me more than once that if I'm ever in a pinch I can use her sewing machine. Do you know of anyone else who has one you can borrow?

Sorry I haven't been more help... Though the manual should tell you were to oil it, perhaps purplemem can look it up and tell you? I know the pfaff ladies are always willing to share how to change the battery and such for the embroidery machines...
no it wasn't my grandmothers, she bought it for me. i think my model has problems.
I had a friend who had one and her's died. She even took it to a shop, they never could get it working. >