View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 AM
PiecesinMn

Welcome back to sewing. In your absence ripping has been renamed "reverse sewing" LOL. It's so much more positive term.
Originally Posted by sewTinker
ok, first the backstory: 2-1/2 years ago my darling mom-in-law was diagnosed with cancer and I left on the next flight from Nashville to San Francisco to care for her. 5-1/2 months later, I returned home to a house in Complete dishevelment. It's just impossible to describe its condition.

Among the topsy turvey rooms was my sewing room. My husband had migrated his work storage cabinets into it. It was tiny to start with, but now it was unusable. My aunt's quilt-in-progress sat peeling off of the design board, my fabrics were unreachable. omg, the Dust! whine, whine, whine. Suffice it to say, I have not sewn since.

This morning my sweetie left for golf at 6am, and I settled into my cute (and, thus far) very tidy "new" quilting corner (now located in our bedroom). ahhh... I happily measured and cut the strips for my mom's new quilt. I sat down at my machine to stitch them up...

My very first strips in 2-1/2 years are sewn wrong-side to right-side. :shock:

hahahahaha..... But not to worry ~ I am so happy to be Back At It that even ripping out the stitches brought joy.

Have a Happy Monday!