View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 04:09 PM
drgranny

When my DHs grndmother passed away, she had her pantry shelves filled with fabric and hanging racks in her sewing room full.DHs mother told me I could have it all. Talk about hog heaven! I proudly toted it all home only to discover that not much of it was 100% cotton and a lot of it wasnot to my taste at all. I gave away a lot to friends who sew garments. I still have some of it that I can use for quilt backs. When his mother passed she left 8 big double comforter zip bags full of silk. She made silk crazy quilts. My FIL told me that he hoped I was taking it home with me. My DH said no but we over ruled him. When my sis passed away she left her stash. Hers was mostly 100% cotton. My own stash is 100% cotton and the silk stash. I will never run out of fabric. but it doesn't stop me from buying more. I have had to make myself stay out of the fabric stores unless there is something that I really really need. Now I'm not saying that I haven't bought fabric lately, I have just bought less than I used to. I really think I have done pretty well about staying out of the stores cause I know I will find something that I just have to have. When I went to my class in Houston last weekend, There was fabric to buy and at very reasonable prices. I really restrained myself. I only bought $60 worth. I plan on putting mine to good use for chairity quilts tho. hugs, linda