View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 05:00 PM
okiepastor

Hi, I'm Mary, and I have been making quilts for many years. I have been using up over 8000 pieces of poly knits squares from an estate sale to make quilts for those in need and for Project Linus. I have about 45 in need of tying now. I just do not have time to quilt them all...
Since I have been recovering from two surgeries this spring and summer, I have had much more time to sew, so ALL of the "poly squares" stash is now quilt tops. HURRAY!
I have been embroidering pictures and hand quilting wall hangings for Xmas( about 400hours to do the wall quilt for my daughter--it is done at last!--a Teacher theme for her classroom, reversible to angels), and just started 4 tree skirts for gifts.
I have not machine quilted for years, but have several potholders to practice on before quilting the four table runners I have ready. I have one wedding quilt for my son ready for borders, and 14 blocks made so far for another one for my daughter. My grandson's sports theme quilt is ready to tie and bind. I usually have at least 20 projects in progress....