View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 PM
aborning

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
Anyone out there have one of these? What do you like, dislike? Thanks
I have ben researching the long arms recently in hopes of buying one in the future. From what all the different dealers tell me (of all different brands of longarms) is that the tension mya have to be adjusted when changing to different types of threads or different brands. Last month I went to lookat a used Nolting and I called Nolting factory in Iowa and spoke to Dan and he gave me tips on what to look for and even told me to call him with the serial # so he could look up the real age of the machine (in case the person was giving false information). I ended up not purchasing the used machine because of it not having a sitich regulator, but Dan was very helpful in telling me what to look for in a used machine. My nearest LQS owner has a older Nolting that is a Fun Quilter (or Hobby Quilter--whatever it was that they made long ago) and it does not have a stitch regulator but she really likes it and does not have any troubles with it. Hope this information is helpful to you. It seems that with every brand of long arm I have researched and asked for advice about from people, it seems there is always someone who owns one that has troubles. I suppose a machine could be made and have issues --just like buying a new car and getting a "lemon" with issues. It's just that for the money we spend, we don't want that to happen. Good luck and let us know what you get. I am especially interested in these threads because I am also looking to get a long arm.