Old 09-07-2008, 04:58 PM
barnbum

Tigerbaby--I found all of those flannels at a Mennonite shop near me. I only have some of two left--the small leaves is called Autumn Leaves by northcott, and the darkest green is called Christmas something.. by Thimbleberry.

Tari--my grandmother always liked the back of these best too. :lol:

quiltwoman--I first saw one of these on the back of a chair at my quilter's house. After feeling how soft and cozy it was I knew I HAD to make one. I've made... hmm..let me count... at least 12 now--mostly to give away. I have the first one I made for myself--my practice one.

Izy--surprisingly my hand wasn't sore at all. I remember the first one I ragged--I could do only 2 rows before I had to take a break. I don't know what made the difference. Maybe the scissors?

Also--rather than wash the whole thing, I spray both sides well with water and put it in the dryer to get it to rag. I already did it--before I took the photo. It will rag more with each washing.

salisaquilter--I wrote out the measurements for the one I do (there are a myriad of options) and saved it, so I can send it to you when you reach this project, if you wish. :D