View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 PM
KarylMc

I am trying to decide between a HV Ruby (which could do lovely embroidery quilting within my blocks or fill-in spaces, and did smaller FMQ very easily and smoothly but has only a 10.5" throat, so is limited in actual quilting space for larger flowing designs) or getting a long arm system of equivalent cost. (around $5000-ish)
I am currently using a Kenmore that does just fine for piecing and quilting, but very limited in space (6inch) and also pretty much just straight or straight decorative stitch. Crummy at FMQ.

I think I just want to know if I will regret buying the Ruby and wish I had a long arm, or if the Ruby will do all I need and more and I'll love it and not miss a long arm because of all the neat stuff I can do on Ruby.

So: you folks with machines similar to Ruby: do you also have a long arm that you actually QUILT on (or access to one, or send them out for quilting), OR do you do ALL your machine quilt work on your machine and are happy with it and don't feel the need for a long arm?

(I want both! can only have one! yikes! WHICH???)