View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 10:15 PM
seasaw2mch

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I love that you tie your quilts. Do you do any quilting, or are they just tied? I like to tie mine also. It gives me a warm "grandma" feeling to have a tied quilt on my bed.
I do stitch in the ditch on the boarders but for the most part I just tie them. I want to learn to machine free motion quilt but I just don't seem to find the time as I have so much to get done before Christmas and these side jobs are kicking my buttock.LOL I still have 5 fleece blankets with appliqued pillow cases (1 Redskins, 2 Dallas, 2 Steeler's) to do and havn't even started making my pattern for them yet. Also, I really want to do a nice big one, like a queen size for one of my brothers because he love quilts so much. He goes to lots of shows just to drool over them. He will call me and talk about how nice they are but then says how he could never afford to buy one. So his is a must do for me. He lives in Maine so I want to make it nice and warm to. Might make it with a wool batting, not sure yet because I have never worked with wool. It makes me itch to much. LOL

Oh yea, rest will come but not until after the New Year! Then I'm going into hiding for a while. LOL