Thread: Bernina 440 QE
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by grannyoquilting
I have had a 440 OE for many years now. I bought when they first came out. I had an Artista 180 before that. I now have both machines and a 330 Deco. I love all of them to death, but my 440 is my love. She quilts like a dream and has always been easy to use. She is my best friend and never lets me down. Resently, my dealer said they had a big sale for a new machine. Hint hint! I said no thanks, I'm not giving my 440 up. So if you love to sew or quilt by all means indulge yourself and see why they are #1. I have sewn on many machines in my life but this is the best. :-D
I was a diehard Janome user for many years until I got to use a Bernina 440QE at the Vermont Quilt Festival last year. I couldn't believe the beautiful free motion quilting stitches it did. Not having enough $$ for a brand new Bernina, I bought a used 180E and absolutely love it for free motion quilting.

I will never get rid of my Janome 9000, which is a workhorse, however it is not a good machine for free motion quilting (gives "whiskers" on the back side). I am still getting used to the Bernina at this point, but love it.

Tina, there are a ton of positive comments in this thread about the Bernina 440QE. You will not be disappointed with this machine. I hope you decide to get one. :thumbup: