View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by kaygerou
Wondering if there is a dictionary for all the acronyms used. Like, what is FMQ?
This thread has a couple of links for acronyms. We all have to start learning somewhere so don't be afraid to ask questions. :thumbup:

Berta, I also have a MC 9000 that I absolutely love - however - I do not like it for FMQ. I kept getting loops on the back, also known as "whiskers". When I was at the VT Quilt Festival last year, I got to use a Bernina in class and must say that Bernina's do an excellent job on FMQ. I picked up a used Bernina after that. I will never give up my 9000; that machine does pretty much everything I need, but I use the Bernina for FMQ. Even a low end model Bernina, like the 150 series does a great job with FMQ.

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I have a bernina 153 QE. I was looking for a start/stop button and guess what I found?? My Bernina has a 1/2 speed button! I kept reading about how handy this would be but never thought to look at my machine because I thought it would only be on newer models! In my defense I have only had my Bernina for 7 months! I guess I should get out the owner's manual and read it before I do any more FMQ! DUH!
I have been taking classes on my used Bernina and the instructor says to put the motor speed at half and sew "pedal to the metal" for FMQ. Works excellent that way.