Old 09-08-2008, 05:58 AM
mpeters1200

The project I'm working on is a Mystery quilt. It's the very first one I've ever done. I should interject here that I am STILL a beginner. I've been quilting now for 6 years, but it doesn't feel that long. I still only work with beginner patterns too, I'm just not comfy with anything harder than that. In theory, the mystery is fun, and I was having a ton of fun, until the pieces caught up with me.

The gal who made this pattern is aware of stip piecing because we do a lot of it with the regular blocks. However, I'm not so sure about the short cuts for triangles and flying geese. I've had to cut 120 individual HST for 40 square in a square. I've also had to cut 160 individual hst TWICE for two sets of flying geese 80 units each. Not to mention I took a little peek at the last clue and the whole blasted thing is on point so now I have even more *#@($& triangles to cut. I hate triangles. I almost dread finishing this thing which is why I'm sure, I was blocked for so long. Now I'm just determined to finish it so I can get on to my Christmas projects.