View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 09:07 AM
bookworm

I'm gonna work on hashing out a few ideas then I'll post it. I'm leaning towards a row robin to start in like January. So there would be a month or so for sign-ups then at least a month for everyone to make the first row.

Just me- Anything I run will be open to everyone. Actually that's a requirement of the swaps anyway :) All skill levels welcome. What I'm thinking is that you would make your first row and decide what you do and do not want in it. And which orientation you want your rows to be... either vertical or horizontal.

JAS - that would be a delay but it happens and I/we would have to deal with it when it happens (hoping that it doesn't) but if you have a month or two to work on it I think it would help keep everything moving.

Say groups of 5 people working on each? 12 1/2" unfinished rows? That would make a pretty decent sized quilt. It would leave you some room to put on your own border when you get it back. I do really like the idea of allowing the starter of each one to pick out what theme/colors they want. It would defiantly allow for more creative work....

Throwing ideas around in my head....