Thread: Birthday Quilt
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Quiltin'Lady

Oh, this would be just the perfect addition to our newly remodeled bathroom -- perfect colors, great quilting, cute 3D pinwheels, and scallops to boot! :thumbup:

Just send it my way whenever you tire of it. It'll have a place of honor, I promise!! :lol:

------------------

I just now read down past your photos -- and am so very sorry you got such a negative reaction from your mom. This is such a lovely and beautifully made quilt; it breaks my heart for you to feel badly about it.

As others have said just above, some people just don't understand and/or appreciate beautiful art when they're faced with it. I have a couple like that in my family [the table runner I made for my DS and DIL's anniversary, for example, was used as a pad under their TV!], so I can empathize.

The trick is to concentrate your efforts on your friends and relations who DO appreciate your handiwork, and who will treasure the fact that YOU made it for THEM. [You can give the others stuff from the store made by anonymous workers in China; they won't know the difference.]

Hang in there, hold your head high, and don't let it get you down. Remember... you've got a boatload of fans here who will celebrate each of your new creations!