View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 04:47 PM
moonangel12

Originally Posted by Linda71
I don't understand why people are so afraid of narcotics. My son takes narcotics every day of his life. He went to the Mayo Clinic(we are from Canada)and with the help of the doctors at the Clinic and pain management doctors here, we have our son back. Basically, his brain receives pain messages for pain when there is no inflammation. Doesn't matter, his brain receives the pain message and he feels diailating pain. He can now function, hold a job again, and go back to school. Not every day is a good day for him, but with medication and careful management of what he does physically he is so much better. Just watch out for doctors that are just/only pill pushers.
I know for me I am afraid of not being able to function without some sort of pain pill if I were to start taking them... I also have a strong history of addiction on both sides of my family so that scares me even more. I have chronic back pain that makes some daily activities difficult. I have either been pregnant or nursing for the past 4 years, though, so I don't have many options anyway. Maybe those are similar reasons for some people? There might be others though...