View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 05:07 PM
vickiebouten

Okay so this is quite a quilting question but I don't know where else to turn! I have a Brother HE-240 sewing/embroidery machine. So far the machine is idiot proof and trust me it's my first machine but I am having a problem with my bobbin thread. I am in the middle of making a crazy quilt purse (I guess you could say it's almost quilting) I'm using velvet, silk and some other purple fabric. I decided to embroider on the velvet. The first section came out perfect. The next piece all the bobbin thread is showing on top and the top thread is well I don't know it seems to have blended (It's dark red rayon both threads are maybe that's the problem) into a really pretty pink on the underneath. I changed the tension to tighter and looser pulled out the bobbin thread and put back in, redid the upper thread and nothing seems to work. I was thinking of changing the bobbin to the dark red but got lazy and didn't sooo wish I had. I ripped up an old dress to use for the velvet so I'll never be able to match it up and I'm not sure I have enough fabric to do over so I'll have to live with it.
Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong and please don't tell me there is something wrong with my machine I will cry!
Thanks
Vickie