View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 05:26 PM
catrancher

[quote=bearisgray]I agree - very presumptuous. Because she didn't talk to you about it ahead of time, I see no reason to agree to do anything about it. You can always refer her to a quilt shop that might have people interested in doing it.

8 x 10 what?

It's a bear's head. He likes bears.

How close of a friend is this?

We knew one another in high school. We live in different states, and we are sort of email penpals. We occasionally visit one another. I made her a quilt for a housewarming last Christmas--one I wanted to do because it made me think of her. Her husband is a jack-*ss. I can't stand the man. I keep my visits with her short because of him.

Has she offered payment?

She's offered to reimburse me for any extra costs. The fabrics for the front are included with the kit. I told her she'd need to pick fabric for the back and the binding. I don't care about thread or batting. I have plenty of thread, and I can use scraps for batting. So, yes, and no. She's offered to reimburse expenses, but nothing for my time.

Can you get out of doing it if you don't want to?

I suppose so, but I've already said yes. I felt put on the spot because she'd already purchased the kit. I asked her what the technique was (raw-edged fusible applique) because I couldn't tell from the picture she sent me. I told her I wasn't sure I knew how to do it, but I do know how to do raw-edged fusible applique. In that exchange, I suggested that someone at a quilt shop might be able to do it for her. But now I've told her that I'll do it. I just don't want this to happen again.