View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Keepmelaffn

Every Wednesday evening, Bill and I attend the flag retiring ceremony at the plaza in old town Orange, CA.

Organizers started this event 2 years ago. A young woman by the name of Becky was attending the university here in town and volunteered to play taps during the ceremony. At the beginning of this school year, she transfered to USC in Los Angeles. But, ever faithful to our "cause", Becky takes the train into Orange EVERY Wednesday evening to play her bugle during the flag lowering.

I found a quilt pattern online that I thought suitable to use in making lap quilts for the V.A. hospital in our area, but without much forethought, I decided to make a bit larger quilt to give to Becky as a "thank you" gift for all that she does to honor our military troops wherever they may be, and for giving us the pleasure of knowing her.

The quilt measures 45"x60"...just the right size for her to cuddle up with when she's in her dorm room doing homework (sigh)!

Am sharing pics of the quilt and the ever so sweet recipient...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-103322.jpe   attachment-103323.jpe   attachment-103324.jpe