View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 08:40 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

at our little sewing group one time we had a lady who was so hard on herself (and us) about any little mistake...she painstakingly took out every mis-stitch...(in our group she was the chief of quilt police) one day (i was pretty new at the time to quilting) i took in a quilt i had just made to show it to the group...one of my squares i had turned sideways...and had not noticed until it was quilted and was dismayed but also thought... oh well, can not do anything about it now...of course the chief zeroed right in on it immediately...her sister (who was 93 at the time) stood up and said..."GLADYS, IF YOU CAN NOT SEE IT HANGING FROM THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!?" everyone busted out laughing, tension was broke and we all at that moment decided to not be so hard on ourselves or each other. if you put your love and time into it, it is loved and appreciated in spite of cut off points, corners that don't line up...most of the people i have given quilts to have no idea there are mistakes. they never seem to see them...they have no idea it is not exactly what i planned it to be...only i know that. :)