View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:55 AM
alaskasunshine

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
I love your balloon quilt and the sun is perfect! Cute lunch bag too!
I would love to go to the Balloon Fest sometime. I have a great quilting friend/instructor that lives in Albuquerque. Maybe you have seen some of her patterns and/or books. Her name is Debbie Caffrey. She writes and publishes alot of mystery patterns that I love doing!
Your projects are so wonderful.

Many years ago I met Debbie Caffery at the Ted Stevens International airport here in Alaska and I felt like an idiot. I went up to her in total awe and I said" are you Debbie Caffery?" She said," yes" and I said, "how do you sleep at night"? She looked horrified :shock: Oh my goodness what I mean is does your mind rest. I have done several of your mysteries and I can't imagine having my mind rest. I walked away and she was freaked out and I felt like an idiot. My DH was near by and asked what happened since I looked mortified. When I told him he could hardly stop laughing.
Now every time I see her name I cringe at my memories but she sure does great mysteries. I have given up on them totally.

Wonderful memories for you and your sister and now she can reflect on your adventure when she looks at her baby quilt you designed so beautifully. Her little lunch sack is cute too!