View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 08:11 AM
jacketfan89

Hi,

I'm BRAND new to the forum and I need some major help. I don't know if this is considered quilting, but its the only forum on the web that I could find that I thought might be able to help. Well, here's the project.

It is my girlfriend and I's FOUR year anniversary (since sophomore year in highschool) and I thought that this year I would actually make her something.I had already been interested in making custom dress shirts for work so I had bought a sewing machine that sees little use. I was browsing the web for ideas, when I came across a memory pillow. The example I saw was very elaborate, but being a beginner at sewing it looked very intimidating.

So, I cut out a paper piece the size I want the pillow ( I went a little larger then standard size so the pictures would fit perfectly. Now I've laid them out how I THINK I want to sew them together for the pillow facing. Believe me, any ideas are completely welcome...lol.

In the white space between the outside pictures and around the inside pictures, I wanted to use Green Bay Packers cotton fabric (we are HUGE fans.) Same thing for the backing. What would be the best and easiest way(still looking nice) to piece all of this stuff together for the pillow top. I am going to post a picture of what I have so far. :-D

[img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z.../papercopy.jpg[/img]

and something I just noticed...with the pictures on the outside border...when I sew the two right faces of the pillow top and the backing together...it is going to cut off 1/2 an inch of each picture around the outside. Is there any way to avoid this?