View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Quilting Aggi

This would be very easy and cut down on time if I didn't have to draw so many hexagons.[/quote]

OH SO TRUE. I thought about using the precut ones but I'm REALLY particular about the fabrics, so count me in as another glutton for punishment, drawing out each little hexagon and carefully cutting them old school (scissors LOL).[/quote]

I found sitting at the dining room table and watching a couple movies made the hexagon tracing and cutting go much faster... and as you can see from the photos I posted, the wine and chocolate helped too :)

I too made mine 2 1/2". I think I'll be making 25 blocks in total. After I measured the fabric I chose, I realized that was all I could get out of it... so I will add a nice cream colour to go around the blocks as the pathway between the flowers then make a nice cream background wide border and do hand applique around it. I want the quilt to be big enough for my queen size bed, so I don't mind adding large borders... Especially if there will be applique all around it :)

Welcome aboard Retrogirl!!!!