View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 07:44 PM
burnsk

Here's another one of those "I gotta do it" blocks. It really only takes 10 minutes to make the blocks once you have your squares cut. I made mine out of a "layer cake". I've been told this is something similar to a bow-tie block. But since I've never done a bow-tie block it is all new to me.

Now I have to give the credit to CraftyBear. She gave a link to a block site on youtube and on the right-hand side was another link to this "10-Minute Block". So, being curious, I had to click on it to see what it was all about. OH MY GOSH - I had a layer cake I just bought so I had to try it. I got right on it and within an hour I made 8 blocks.

You can really can make a quilt top so fast with 10 inch squares it turns your head, because a finished block is 20"x20". Check it out. I have made 4 more blocks to make a 3 block by 4 block top in Christmas fabrics, 12 blocks in all. They will make a 60x80 quilt top before sashings or borders. Need to decide if I want to add sashing or not and then it will be finished and I will post pics.

You have to check this site out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbTHlGGKMPM