View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 04:23 AM
euchreprincess

This is a queen sized quilt I made over this summer, using the "Paradigm Shift" pattern that was published in McCalls Sewing magazine, pg 54 of the May/June 2010 issue. The pattern is for a twin and I enlarged it to queen size.

I made it for my son's 36th birthday, but wanted to make something that would be appropriate for a single male adult, i.e. no flowers in the material. (I had already made one quilt top that ended up looking too feminine that I donated to our church quilting group!)

It was my daughter who suggested the colors because of he attended and is a big Ohio State fan. I think it turned out wonderfully, and today is his birthday, so he'll be getting it tonight!

It took me ALL SUMMER to do because I spend too much of my time on the golf course and in the car, traveling to play with our new grandson (who is 16 months already!). The blocks are pretty simple, but putting the pattern together is tough. There is so much to look at, you feel like you're going blind.

I love the way the bright blocks seem to hover over the pattern. And a paradigm shift mentality is how I think we have to think during the course of our lives, so I love everything about it!!

Mark's Ohio State quilt- Paradigm Shift pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]68283[/ATTACH]

Picture of basic pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69177[/ATTACH]

Assembly grid for basic pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72802[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-68278.jpe   attachment-69172.jpe   attachment-72797.jpe