Old 10-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by Lacelady
I bought one of these:
http://www.sewforless.com/item/Benda..._Machines/7436

They are more expensive than the headset light, but they are LED, so very cool to work with, fully adjustable, and what I really liked was that I could buy extra brackets, and just move the one light to different machines. Extra bonuses - the brackets are removeable, so won't damage vintage machines, and they run on electricity, so no having to replace batteries.

I have two brackets on my FWs now, so when I am done sewing, I can pick them up and pack them away in their boxes without any danger of burning my hands.
Lacelady,
How do the brackets attach to the machine? I don't want anything adhesive on my vintage/antique machines.
I don't think it would work with my Singer 15-90,
it threads differently than my other treadles or my FWs.
The head lamp works with any of my machines except for my new Viking, which has great lighting built in.
The head light is LED too, so it doesn't get hot.
Sharon W.
They are a plastic disc with a ridge around the edge of it for the light to clip into, but yes, they have an adhesive back. The instructions say that they are removable/transferrable: ' Apply a few drops of Goo Gone, let set for 2 minutes to soften adhesive. Lift the bracket slowly, once removed, set aside with the adhesive side up. After 15 mins, when the Goo Gone has evaporated, the bracket can be reapplied if required.'