View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Quilting Nana

Originally Posted by Woodster
That is SO heartwarming. Thank you and your friends for doing this, and thanks to everyone else who gives of themselves to brighten someoneone else's life.

I've hesitated to the point of not saying anything about what my husband and I are doing for the 41yr old single mom who works res.hab. therapy 30 hours a week with our daughter.
My husband was able, with two partners, to acquire 8 trailers for $1.00 each. So far, they have completely gutted 4 of them, are in the process of drywalling, installing cabinets, carpet, vinyl, cleaning up the yards, putting in new steps/patios, roofs. We are taking the profits that we would have made from selling, and giving Missie one of the trailers for her son and her. She will have to pay the monthly park rent/utilities, but will have a place to call her own. She was speechless (amazingly!!) when Hubs told her what we were going to do. She goes by every day to check out her new home, and her 8 year old with ADHD is ecstatic about his new digs and the tree in the yard he can climb!

Although we really could have used the $ to pay our own bills, the joy in her far outweighs having to scrimp even more to get our stuff paid.
When you give you get back.
Thank you for taking care of that family God will reward you.