Old 10-22-2010, 09:37 AM
stefanib123

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by hereca622

However, we did have a speaker at our guild meeting years ago that told us about fabric runs. She said that runs are made on lower quality fabric to test the pattern. If you have ever seen a flat fold fabric with the design printed a little off, it is probably one.
I had heard that too. That a test run is done first, and that these fabrics are then sold. I also read somewhere that there are three grades to the fabric, and most quilting stores pick up the top grade (best quality), while companies like Walmart pick up the lower end (test run) cheaply.
This is what I asked them, and they said that it wasn't true, at least with that one company anyway.

I've heard this exact thing many times,and I am trying to find out if it's true, or if it's something that got started and is not taken as fact.

As, this company has said, they don't do that, they don't waste the time and energy to make 3 different types of fabric, it seems too inefficient to be true.

I will wait on the other's replies, though, before I believe anything, LOL!

And there's also the issue someone else brought up, WM doesn't sell a lot of name brands. So, if its true about the 3 different types, what do those brands do with their lesser quality?