View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Belles.hold

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
Originally Posted by Belles

I hope to start on my first block this weekend, probably with the pink & brown that we both have since I know it turns out great! Belles
That pretty fabric has been around for a while. I remember my mother in law buying it for me in either 2007 or 2008. I didn't use the large flowers of that print. As you can see, I choose to just use the part of the design that looks like snowflakes and stripes. Towards the center of the block, the printing on the fabric doesn't match up precisely - they are the leaves or petals from the large flowers. Flowers are tricky. Sometimes border prints have sections that are symmetrical and sections that are not.

I was also wondering if you could separate the fabrics in photo 2 and take another picture or two? From what I see, they are blending together so it's hard to determine exactly which fabrics might work for you.
I'm very happy to separate the second group into group #3 & #4. Hopefully that will be easier for you to check over. I really, really appreciate your taking the time to help me and also giving hints on how to and what not to and what to look for. Based on just what you write for this board, you'll be an excellent instructor for the quilt shop. Thanks and here's #3 & #4. Belles

Card Trick Hopeful #4
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94428[/ATTACH]

Card Trick Hopeful #3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94429[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-94423.jpe   attachment-94424.jpe