Old 10-22-2010, 04:11 PM
patricej
Administrator

i always find this subject frustrating (sometimes infuriating) and hysterically funny at the same time.

1. if i pay $3 per yard and the fabric is worth at least $3 per yard, then i got value for my money.

2. if a fabric manufacturer is stupid enough to ship two or more different grades of the same print under the same name we will know it. we will be insulted by their assumption that we are suckers and chumps. we will not buy their products at any price from any source.

3. if they sell those different grades for a fair price under a different name, why should i care? the only thing that matters is whether or not the fabric is worth at least the price charged.

4. there are good and lousy fabrics to be found at every pricepoint along the spectrum. therefore i do not need to obsess over the source. i only have to make sure that i buy fabric i like for a fair price.

5. as long as those who insist on paying only the highest prices for fabrics continue to shop thusly, i do not have to compete with them for the same caliber fabrics available at lower prices. i hope they cling desperately to their delusions for years to come so that i may reap the benefits in peace and prosperity.

now i think i'll go roll around on my mountain of lovely fabric purchased at great prices ... and feel quite smug in the process. :-)