View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 04:43 PM
catrancher

Originally Posted by Lacelady
There was something on the market like this in the UK about 10 years ago. It was being sold as being useful for a design board, but when I looked at it, the grid lines weren't the same distance apart in both directions. So instead of two inch squares, they were two inches in one direction, and almost two and a quarter inches in the other direction. To me, that made it less useful as a design board, and I didn't buy it.
This one appears accurate, although I haven't taken the time to measure it. I'm using it to help line up the seams in the project. It's a sort of uneven checkerboard pattern, but the vertical and horizontal seems are all in straight lines. I didn't even know such a product existed until I started lining up the materials I needed. They also suggested just drawing in the lines yourself, but I thought this would be easier. Besides, I was curious.

As I think about it, flannel is washable without washing away designs, and so I imagine the grid is permanent too. I just thought someone might know and so I posted the question.