Thread: donating quilts
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Brenda Retzlaff

Hi Dana,

Yes, we live in Leesburg from Nov. 'til early May each year. Although FL is lovely, it is just too hot & humid for us in the summer. We tried it for a few years but my poor husband was so miserable that we decided to come back to WI for the summers.

So sorry that your Mom had to spend a week in the hospital. I've been a patient there several times. If you have to go to the hospital in that area, LRMC is a good place to go. The doctors are good and I have found the staff friendly and very committed to patient care.

I am really new at quilting and joined the quilt guild at the urging of some quilting friends from our community. It is a very large group...approx 150 members. Being so new to quilting, I am kind of "lost" in the crowd and feel a little intimidated by the skillful quilts that the members seem to put out so quickly. I'm working on my skills. I hope to be able to make at least one QOV before I go back in the fall.

Thank you so much for contacting me. It's lovely to hear from someone who knows just where we live. I hope to hear from you again.