Old 10-22-2010, 05:44 PM
moonwolf23

Originally Posted by mom-6
Not all of us are blessed to have ANY LQS or even Joann's close by. For me it is WalMart or drive at least a half hour or more for any kind of fabric be it good quality or not.

And I've discovered that most stores have a range of quality and a range of price points. Not all of the lower priced fabric is lesser quality and not all of the higher priced fabric is superior quality.

And besides, some fabric is just pretty...even if it won't pass the 'superiority' test!
This.

I'm loathe to spend 10 dollars a yard for fabric. I don't have that kind of cash. Though I have recently spent that for a girly panel for my daughter. It is thinner fabric then the Cranston wolf print I bought at Walmart for under 5 bucks a yard and it's thinner fabric then what I bought at Connecting threads on their frost line.

On the other hand I've seen some wonderful fabric out of a lqs scrap bags. I loved to buy those bags. 5 bucks for a pound of fabric and you had some wonderful pieces in there.

The backing I bought for a baby quilt I'm doing out of scraps from my sons quilt. I kinda think I overpaid at 30 bucks. The soft flannel isn't any better then what I would have gotten at Joanns or hancocks clearance aisle.