View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by retired2pa
I love to do hand applique, especially in the winter, when I'm watching TV at night and wondered if any of you that applique have ever joined a BOM.

I've found some lovely patterns, however, I have a hard time finding just the right fabric for them where I live. I don't like the thought of ordering fabric because it's too hard to tell on the computer what the color really is.

I was looking online yesterday and found several web's that have BOM and the patterns and material are supplied with each block each month. Some have a startup fee and other's don't and the average cost per month is $25 + shipping.

I'd appreciate your opinions on this. If you've ever joined a BOM, do you think it's worth the price and which one did you join?
I haven't done an applique BOM yet. When I get caught up a little more on other projects I'm going to get the Baltimore Halloween one. I did the Butterfly Garden BOM at an LQS and it is going to turn out just gorgeous.

I did a Saturday Sampler that the fabric is gorgeous but the blocks were done with templates. It may be a UFO forever.

I have one called Holiday Chorus that I haven't even started yet that will be gorgeous when it's finished. One of my friends did it and hers turned out gorgeous.

If you can afford them they're a great way to get a really gorgeous quilt.