Thread: Lone Star
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Rosyhf

I have had this fabric for a lone star quilt for three years. I didn't pick this fabric. The young couple did. I am not too happy with some of the values but it is their choice. Long story short, they are part of my son's circle and like my children....so here we go.

I am using the, "Joy of Quilting" for the pattern. For those who are afraid to try a lone star, doing it the strip method is very doeable.

I am making a King size quilt, so the strips are cut at 3 inches wide and each diamond will have six strips. The couple decided where the colors would go and so they are labled from a to k.

I set them up in rows and sew the strips together, six strips in each strada. Before sewing the strips, they are set 3 inches in ( the width they were cut) so as not to waste fabric.

the first strip set begins with a, b, c, d, e, and f. The second strip begins with b and the third begins with c and so on.

When I get ready to sew the strip sets together. I put them to the side of me so I don't get confused and add too many or less.

Strips all cut with book
[ATTACH=CONFIG]99839[/ATTACH]

Strips set in 3 inches so not to waste
[ATTACH=CONFIG]99840[/ATTACH]

My first set to sew on the side.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]99841[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-99834.jpe   attachment-99835.jpe   attachment-99836.jpe