View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Momsmurf

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I've been carefully and happily making a quilt for my daughter's second grade class room that is decorated with Robots.

I was so proud of all the different robots and space ships and even a big quarter moon with a cow jumping over it for added interest. (These are for 7 year olds).

I downloaded lots of different ones, drew them on iron-on backing, cut them out and then decided to hand sew them on.

Without remembering the small, necessary fact of removing the backing, all the while chatting with a friend and doing a lovely job on them. Then just today the cat landed on my lap and I heard paper crinkling...I could just cry I was so mad at myself. Now I'm going to have to cut out some of the applique stitches and with long tweezers pull out the paper, then I can iron them on like they should have been to start with. It will still be ready for Christmas, I know, but it's still maddening.
I do hope you gave your cat a special treat! :P

Don't feel bad, just think, you felt good enough to share it with all of us, and that counts for making it all better, in my book at least.

I'm still looking for a strip of fabric I know I cut out for a project months ago. Project got finished with a replacement strip, but for the life of me I never did find it.
I don't have any pets and DH know better than to venture into the quilting room so it all falls back to me! :-P Have since given up looking.