Old 10-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Quilter2B

Using your stash as wrapping material is a great idea. I have always used my linens, towels and such to wrap my breakables but never thought of using my stash. This past move two months ago was our first move with professional movers. I had already had all my cotton stash on boards so they all got packed into a few boxes.

Remember to label each box as to what room it is going into. As to "what" is in the box, not necessarily a great idea. Time before last when I got ready to move put some stuff in my daughter's storage unit - thought I was being real smart by putting "what" was in the box on the outside of the box. The storage unit got broken into and guess what was missing? Yep, the "stuff" that said "CDs/DVDS/Office stuff" - the stuff I couldn't possibly replace without a big expense. Never again will I do that!

Carry your machines and electronics in your car if you have the room; it just gives you a better piece of mind; besides you never know how the movers might handle your stuff once it is "on the truck". We found things had been turned sideways, upside down and what have you for them to pack the truck!

Sending your DH positive thoughts for landing the new job. The market is though everywhere; it is wonderful you have this opportunity.