Old 10-23-2010, 08:35 AM
doxieloverred

Originally Posted by mcar
We have always had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. But now I just dread the day. I really can't cook a splendid dinner. My husband is a diabetic and eats very little, I have microscopic colitis and can eat turkey and steamed veggies, can't eat stuffing and mashed potatos, pie, cake or cookies, and my daughter is a vegetarian.It will be a individual needs preparation. I think quilting dreams give me happy thoughts and hours that replace the delight of Thanksgiving.
You just have to make the food that you CAN eat in a splendid new way! Use a different seasoning or prepare them in such a way that they taste new or festive to you. You can do that without sending hubby into a diabetic coma--moderation is key top everything we do in life. Same thing goes for colitis--you can splurge for ONE day of the year, just a bit. There are tons of recipes on the internet that should fit your needs. Dress up the table and you're all set! You may have to think about Thanksgiving in a new light, but that's not always a bad thing. Enjoy the company and don't put as much emphasis on the food end of things. Don't lose sight about what the holiday is about.....