Old 10-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Originally Posted by athenagwis
So after making a few blocks last weekend, I learned that for the more intricate blocks, making two is going to really suck, but also be really good LOL I made A-12 this weekend:

And after I finished the purple one (I think it took 2 hours), I really really really didn't want to make the second, but I had also made quite a few mistakes in the purple one that I knew I could do better for my blue and orange one. So I waited till the next day and make the second one and the seams on the second one are much nicer. LOL And this was only an intermediate block!! So I have a feeling doing 2 blocks for some of the advanced blocks will be mind numbing LOL

Rachel
Just keep reminding yourself, "shorter seams, not small pieces, shorter seams, not small pieces . . ." I really think that the toughest one was G-6, Papa's Star with that little 1" star block in the center of the 5-point star. There is more fabric on the back than on the front - built-in trapunto! :) I did that one 2nd after G-7 - the one smack dab in the center. I still can't believe that I continued on after G-6, but I did and I'm really glad! Jane's Journey is going to be ready to quilt soon.

Your blocks look really nice to me! My address is 401 . . . if you really aren't satisfied with them.
How funny, I left Papa's star right until the very end, because I didn't really believe that I would get that little one done - 17 pieces in a one inch square seemed impossible to me, but I did it, and I agree with you, there is a lot more fabric on the back.