Old 10-23-2010, 06:47 PM
May in Jersey

Originally Posted by Mimito2
For 10 years I "arranged" all my holiday dinners around my sons schedules with friends and in laws. They either did not show up on time or did not show up at all, no phone call. Food for 12 bought, cooked and stuffed back into the fridge. Year before last they showed up on Christmas with car loads of friends in tow (no notice) for "dessert", they stayed for less than 30 minutes and left a mess of half eaten plates and drinks all over the living room, dining room and kitchen. 8 homemade pies wasted. I ended up exhausted with a headache. Last year I said NOTHING. The weekend before Thanksgiving both sons, DIL and xDIL asked what time lunch was. My evil twin came out.(Imagine the parking lot scene from Fried Green Tomatoes) lol, I politely explained that I had planned my meals for years around their schedules and they were rude & did not respect me enough to call that they were going to be late or not coming. Therefore I had decided that this year your Father and I are going out for lunch. You are welcome to join us if you are willing to pay for your own meal and be responsible for your children... They were dumbfounded..... Hubby and I had a very nice time and left the waitress a rose & a large tip. At Christmas DS came to my house to open presents and made plans with friends for dinner.
This year I am thinking that I want to Give Back and serve at the homeless shelter at Thanksgiving. No plans yet for Christmas.:)
Good For You, they didn't deserve all the labor and love you put into the food and hospitality you offered them and their friends. Enjoy your Holidays whichever way you Want.
May in Jersey