View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 03:13 AM
Swan Song

I try to choose fabrics carefully if giving something as a gift. I generally know the recipient's likes. That said I am so done making anything for my oldest DD. I made her a bag as a gift after she got engaged on the top of the Eiffel tower. I used black and white fabric with the Eiffel tower on it and searched until I found a coordinate that very closely matched the main fabric. The bag turned out beautifully but on opening it she said "I guess I can store junk in it." :?

She had said she would like a wall hanging. I was in the process of making the one in my avatar for a co-worker's wedding present. I asked if she would like one similar to it and she said it was too "old fashioned". So I went with a modern design and fabrics. She was not very excited when I gave it to her and when she was showing me around her new house I noticed it thrown in her junk closet. :( I noticed a couple of quilts displayed around the house. They were made by her new MIL.

Mostly things I have made are loved and used. Live and learn. This Christmas she gets a store bought sweater. Never again.