View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 03:39 AM
mar32428

Originally Posted by RkayD
I started making quilts for my sister in laws kids that were having babies left & right...Not one of them ~ 4...said thank you. Nor have I ever seen them with the quilts. So I have decided no more for them. I'll start making them for MY grandbabies to be. I did make some cute Halloween things for a really good friend and saw it out on the porch wet and covered in mud. It hurt my feelings that something I took such pleasure in making JUST for her was treated like a piece of trash. I'm very cautious..about who I give things to now.
I don't know if it's the luck of the draw or what. Made dresses for my niece. SIL gave them away. Made REQUESTED jacket for MIL that was given to the cleaning lady. Hoped she enjoyed it. Made baby clothes, bassinet skirt etc, for DIL, REQUESTED, which she sold at the flea market. They didn't like all that homemade stuff.

I'm not a novice sewer. I had my own dressmaking business for years and often couldn't keep up with the demand. Did I sew for them again? Never!!!!!