View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 04:38 AM
chamby

Originally Posted by Marcy J.
As I read the various topics, I realize many quilters give their quilts away. Unless someone would ask me and discuss the colors they would like, I hesitate to sew items that the recipent might not like. I have a friend who lovingly made a quilt for a relative and later found it on the cement outside with oil and dirt from a car. I would not want to put all the time and money needed to sew a quilt and and come to realize the person really did not like it nor will they use it.

I am finishing a quilt for my GD and one for her sister.(They showed me with colored pictures what their favorite colors are.) Everying else I have sewed which is not a lot, I have kept.
I do have to say that this has to be a very rude and crude person to take a gift and use it in this manner. I personally would take that as an insult. Do not get me wrong, I firmly believe that all quilts should be used. BUT NOT AS OIL RAGS!
I think I would be tempted to ask the person why they hated the quilt so much. But that is just me.