Old 10-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Twilliebee

I think for your sewing machine you need a higher chair or a shorter table. That will definitely helper. If you don't have one of Debbie's machine lifters, try some door stops from the $ store at the back of the machine. Pitching it slightly forward makes you drop your shoulders. Use a tall surface for cutting: maybe the kitchen counter. Your elbows should be at not quite 90 degrees. Make an effort to drop your shoulders. It will feel very artificial but it will help. When you're going from place to place do some little upper body exercises to help you stay stretched out. I found some for typists and I'll look for them again. They really help and they only take a minute or two. If you don't have one try to find an office chair. I got mine at a secondhand office furniture place for $25 about 4 years ago and it's still going strong. Don't think I'd be able to walk at all after quilting if I didn't have that nice supportive chair. By the way, your quilts are beautiful, cjmomma! Oh yeah, did you check out the post for the epsom salts bath? Bet that would help, too!