View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 04:33 PM
SaraSewing

This 'signature' quilt is one that I made for my daughter for her wedding last January. When she was a little girl, I made the majority of her clothing. I was the supervisor in a large fabric store, and I sewed the model clothing, especially for children. I kept most of the scraps. Then i saved those scraps carefully for the next several years. When she got married, I went through old photo albums to find photos of her wearing those little dresses. Then I also scrapbooked the photos, using the fabric pictured in the dress, also using red, her favorite color. When she opened the quilt, she immediately recognized what the majority of the fabric came from. Then the scrapbook with it was the icing on the cake. To a casual eye, one may think that this is just a hit-n-miss scrap quilt, but to us, it's memories.

And to your "monkey's" question, of course I know the song. This wonderful daughter mentioned above is my youngest, after 3 older brothers, plus I also have 3 step children. (5 grandchildren so far). Sara