View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Sew Lovins

Yes Im not that into embroidery yet (but could be in the future) but I know I am into quilting and garments. I liked the 440 QE but liked the bells and whistles on the 730e. The 630 does have the 5mm feed dogs. Guess I need to go back and really try out the machines again. Thanks alot for your input and glad to know you like the 230PE. That one seemed almost too small to FMQ on though...so many decisions!!!

Originally Posted by lvaughan
Just my opinion, but I really like the 5.5 mm feed-dog more than the 9mm. I can't remember which the 630 has, but if embroidery is important to you I think it has the same embroidery unit. When I decided to sell my 730e my husband was very, very upset with me. He told me the he was the most upset he had been since he could remember, we have been married 32 years. So I had him sit down and use both machines, afterward he came to the same conclusion that the Bernina 230PE was better for piecing. I also had him play with the BSR, I had thought I would quilt with it but decided I would never get the hang of it, he didn't like the BSR either. Not wanting to offend anyone, just my opinion.