Old 10-24-2010, 03:52 PM
TN Donna

Originally Posted by stevendebbie25
I think your right, but it's economic survival, even Macy's is coming 'affordable'. I still love quilting, no matter what name, what fabric, where it is, just look it over and choose... I like fabric because it works well with a quilt project, or colors/theme, and not necessarily by name or price or place.
Actually, I like the old fashion idea of quilts, recycled from used items.. jeans, flannel shirts, prom/wedding dresses, mens silk ties & suite hankies, ladies fancy hankies, it's fun to discover how these work into quilts. And I have a pretty good fabric stash in yards, not big on FQs, and have no idea why I bought 10 yrds sometimes but someday, guess it will work it's way into a project. If I sewn only from my stash & kits, I'd sew for the next 30-40 yrs without buying anything more... why do we continue to buy? (Because we didn't buy that fabric yet ;-) don't tell hubby, he's already looked into the sewing room and questions my reasoning. Isn't it fun :thumbup:
You are my kind of quilter. I may start one and decide to change the blocks into different colors or add a few of my own ideas or even some of my stitching. I just like seeing the fabric come together and make something I can give to someone who will use it.