View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 03:38 AM
Rebecca Chambley

This is what I know. And this is what I've done. There is a a additive that you can purchase to add to your acrylic paint, to paint on fabric. I've used it and you just add a couple of drops to your puddle of paint. You can paint on wet or dry fabric. Depending on the effect you want. If you want your paint to run then the wetter your fabric the more it will run. If you want to create a color wash then the fabric should'nt be to wet. If you want to create a pictue, then fabric is dry. Create your picture, let paint set for 24 hrs. Then heat set with iron, or if there are several pieces, throw in dryer. Paint is set. Wash fabric first to remove sizing. Press fabric to have smooth surface to work on. You can dilute the paint as thin or as thick as you like since it's water base. Therefore you can create neat color washes by using a eye dropper to drop thinned paint, using different colors to create different color effects. You can also use stamps, by using a dabber to apply paint to the stamp and then apply to fabric. Then add color to your stamp or embroider over the pattern. It's alot of fun and opens a whole world of creativity for each person. I'm not a authority by any means, I have a painting background, so one thing led to another, NO you by no means have to be an artist, but you already are, Your a quilter or you would'nt be here.