View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 10:59 AM
JoanneS

I finally finished my DJ exchange quilt. Thanks and a big {{{{{{{{{{{{cyber hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to Klue for organizing the exchange.

I contributed 2 sets of 18 blocks so that I'd have enough to make a quilt. I made it to go in my living room year round - I've included a picture of it in situ. After I finished, I wished I had used ivory or gold for the background. Too late now. I have 3 left over - plus more of my own, so I 'll make a pillow to go with the quilt.

I'll label the picture with the names of everyone who made the block - and if I get it wrong (easily done with 32 blocks) - PLEASE let me know so I can correct the labels on the back of the quilt.

For quilting, first I SIDed around the blocks, Then, I used 3 John Deer embroidery patterns to quilt. I used a VERY simple on with a big oval in the middle for the blocks - that left room to write the names of the piecers on the back.

Hmmm ~ too many words to put the piecers's names under the picture, so I'll put them here - hoping that the picture attaches:
Right to left, top to bottom"
Row 1: Dawn Hendrix, Bearisgray, OrchidQuiltFish, Klue
Row 2: Sandpat, Cherrific, Norbanana
Row 3: tuesy, rhonds, kosmos, Klue
Row 4: kosmos, Kimberley Whispell, suzic46
Row 5: OrchidQuiltFish, Dawn Hendrix, JoanneS, tuesy
Row 6: Kimberley Whispell, chewboo, bettia
Row 7: shemjo; Bearpaw, sandpat, janstar
Row 8: mamakeeto, sandpat, bearisgray
Thank you all so very much!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{cyber hugs to you too}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
JoanneS

Close up of the labels on the back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111018[/ATTACH]

Dear Jane Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111642[/ATTACH]

close up of the embroidery/quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111643[/ATTACH]

back of the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111644[/ATTACH]

The quilt in my living room - it's on the FAR love seat.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111647[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-111013.jpe   attachment-111637.jpe   attachment-111638.jpe   attachment-111639.jpe   attachment-111642.jpe